Pivot Format Locking

dcaylor8

I started a job where a weekly cash update spreadsheet is reported to corporate by one of it's entities. The worksheet has a column for every day of the week with the top section for cash receipts and the bottom for payments. It is very cumbersome. So, I created a data table for the entity to update that pulls into a pivot that summarizes the data. I left blanks in the table for new data to be entered every week. I had to hide the blanks on the pivot along with some other preferential changes to the table. However, once I received the next weeks data from the entity, the pivot looked changed and it didn't tie to the data. So, I recreated the pivot vs just refreshing it. Is there any way to lock a pivot so that you can refresh it but saves the integrity of all the formatting changes so that others can't change it? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi Dcaylor8,

Right click anywhere on pivot table, click on pivot table options, in the layout and format tab, click "preserve formatting on update"
Also if you created your own format of a pivot table in the design section of pivot table tools, by using "duplicate", right click on your design, choose "apply and maintain formatting".

Upvote 0
Hi Dcaylor8,

Right click anywhere on pivot table, click on pivot table options, in the layout and format tab, click "preserve formatting on update"
Also if you created your own format of a pivot table in the design section of pivot table tools, by using "duplicate", right click on your design, choose "apply and maintain formatting".

Thank you so much! You rock!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blakecintx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back