Pivot Table/chart

aesmail

Morning people,
3 times a week i am required to compile a report in Excel, not a problem this part i can do. Then on a seperate tab i create a pivot chart which shows all the data within the report condensed by just giving totals. Now comes the tricky part.

The report shows how many of our field based staff did how many jobs within the field. Each member of the field based staff is part of a bigger team. each reigon within the uk has been allocated a colour.

Now the report is produced alphabetically so i have to rearrange some teams on order to get them in the right colour order. once done i fill in the cells of the pivot table in the corresponding colours of the team like below:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 246pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=328 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 246pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 11995" width=328><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99ccff; WIDTH: 246pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3" class=xl38 height=17 width=328>SOUTH YORKSHIRE</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: lime; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3" class=xl39 height=17>EAST YORKSHIRE</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: lime; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3" class=xl39 height=17>NORTH EAST ENGLAND</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff6600; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3" class=xl40 height=17>CUMBRIA AND SCOTTISH BORDER</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff6600; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3" class=xl40 height=17>MERSEYSIDE</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff6600; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3" class=xl40 height=17>EAST LANCS</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My question is how do i create a chart in Excel and copy over the colors in the bars of the bar chart without having to manually fill in each bar as excel doesnt allow multiple selections of the bars.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back