Pivot Table repeating data

churrtt

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I created a report that pulls raw data from QuickBooks that shows the payments we've received from customers over a certain time frame and gives the detail on the payment itself as well as the invoice the payment was applied to. When we receive separate payments on different days that are applied to the same invoice, the invoice detail gets repeated in the pivot table due to the two different payments. This causes a error in the total amounts because the amounts are also duplicated. How do I change my PivotTable around to stop the duplication but still show all detail? Screenshot below for reference, the duplicated data is highlighted.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 25

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Do you, by chance, track the payments made at the Item Line level?

If not, then I would suggest using Max of Payment Date and then Sum of Payment Amount.

Upvote 0
Do you, by chance, track the payments made at the Item Line level?

If not, then I would suggest using Max of Payment Date and then Sum of Payment Amount.
I do track payments made at the item line level, how would I use that information to solve the issue?

Upvote 0
Change your Invoiced Line Item Quantities and Amounts to Payment Receive Quantities and Amounts. You can then leave the Payment Dates and Payment Amounts in your Pivot without there being any duplication.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snowinx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back