pivot table using multiple worksheets

ahugh01

Hello, I am trying to create a pivot table using data from multiple tabs but am having some issues. If anyone could assist it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the information:

I have multiple worksheets (on different days) with the same headers. For example, let's say each worksheet has a NAME column (additional names could be added on different dates), number of dogs column, number of cats column, and number of fish column.

I would like a pivot table
number of dogsnumber of dogsnumber of catsnumber of catsnumber of fishnumber of fish
Name2017 (name of the worksheet)2016 (name of worksheet)2017 (name of the worksheet) 2016 (name of worksheet)2017 (name of the worksheet)2016 (name of worksheet)
A
B
C

<tbody>
</tbody>

****** id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 159px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">
Name

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
If I’m undstanding this, you want to add all of your data from multiple spreadsheets into one combined pivot table. If so, should be doable.

Select data from first spreadsheet and insert a pivot table. When the box pops up to create the table, check the option at the bottom for “Add this data to the Data Model.” This will create a pivot table for this data. Name that new sheet something like “do not delete 1.”

Repeat these same steps for every spreadsheet of data you want to add in, but name them all something different. On the last one, the pivot table fields box on the right has an Active and All option. Select All to access all the different pivot tables you just built. From there, you should be able to start dropping in data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hermansoa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back