Pivot Table

gdavey

Hi All

I would like some help with a pivot table below. I would like to reflect Tenant and rent as a percentage of the Lease id count for each area ?

AreaCount of LeaseDealIDCount of TenantCount of Rent
Aberdeen985
Berkshire & North Hampshire696642
Birmingham585716
Brighton441
Bristol403812
Buckinghamshire15156
Cambridge16166
Cardiff282813
Central Scotland13133

<colgroup><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi Davey,

I think you're looking for a Calculated Field in the pivot table. When you insert it the easiest way to build it is to double-click your Tenant field, type in a forward slash "/", and double-click your Lease ID field. Once you click OK you may need to format the newly created calculated field to show as percentage but it should work correctly.

It'd look something like this:

='Tenant'/'Lease ID'

Upvote 0
Hi Thanks for this.

I tried adding the calculated field and just keep returning 0

Hi Davey,

I think you're looking for a Calculated Field in the pivot table. When you insert it the easiest way to build it is to double-click your Tenant field, type in a forward slash "/", and double-click your Lease ID field. Once you click OK you may need to format the newly created calculated field to show as percentage but it should work correctly.

It'd look something like this:

='Tenant'/'Lease ID'

Upvote 0
Hi,

I see that it's counting text fields. Doing a Count formula in a calculated field won't work as Excel treats it as a Sum.

One workaround is to add a "1" to a new column in your data table for any row where Tenant is not blank and do the same for the Lease ID.

If you'd like to use a calculated field you can still do this in a similar manner by doing something like =IF('Tenant'<>"",1,0) and similar for Lease ID then once more to divide those two new fields.

Seems a bit of work but it should do the job unless someone else has a more efficient idea.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back