Pivot Tables, Beginers Questions

CMIIandExcel

Board Regular
Hi all

I am trying to get to grips with pivot tables and have a couple of questions that will probably have very simple answers too.

1)

The data set i am working from has a percent compleate field which i was trying to group against. I tried various approaches but still could not get it working so I used a work around. In my original data set I used a formula to group the data (100%, 99-75%,74-50% etc), i allocated the data row to Group 0,1,2,3,4,5.

I have now have an issue of when the group has no data allocated to it,it does not appear in my table. i have tried the show items with no data checkbox but to no avail, the problem being i have no item in the first place.

I want to show in my table and graphs run from it that currently i have nothing at that status.

2)
Within the same data set i also have a field of working days to compleation which i have grouped using the grouping tool in blocks of ten.
as it draws closer to the compleation date i would like to track the data in more detail, is it possible to set up the following grouping; >60, 60-40,39-20,19-10,9-5, 4-2, 1, 0, <0 Days.

I Could use the same approach as i did in issue (1) but then would face the same problems as I have there.

Any help and advice would be warmly welcome.
Also any links to good beginers guides to pivot would also be recived with thanks.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Mike

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smckenzie2016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back