possible combinations

gtemp

Trying to find all possible combinations with an excel function, also the data us additive? any ideas?

9 9
r r
81 81
82 82
84 84
85 85
86 86

so 99, 9r, 9r8, 9r82 but also need these to add onto each other, such as 9r81, 9r82, 9r84,..., 9r8182848586. Kind of ridiculous but wondering if its possible? Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Trying to find all possible combinations with an excel function, also the data us additive? any ideas?

9 9
r r
81 81
82 82
84 84
85 85
86 86

so 99, 9r, 9r8, 9r82 but also need these to add onto each other, such as 9r81, 9r82, 9r84,..., 9r8182848586. Kind of ridiculous but wondering if its possible? Thanks in advance. Or figure out the number of combinations.

Upvote 0
Yes i suppose it's possible.. Just need to get the logic correct. what did you need to do with the result? List all the combinations? or just count them?

Also would 9r count as different combination to r9?

Given they are additive... you're looking at a few hundred thousand (or more) combinations...:eek:

Caleeco

Upvote 0
Yes i suppose it's possible.. Just need to get the logic correct. what did you need to do with the result? List all the combinations? or just count them?

Also would 9r count as different combination to r9?

Given they are additive... you're looking at a few hundred thousand (or more) combinations...:eek:

Caleeco

list all combinations would be what I was aiming for. Yes r9 and 9r would be the same. I'm using these as categorical data and countif to count each. Thank you

Upvote 0
Ok that makes it slightly easier and reduces the number of iterations the code would need.

Can you tell me more about your spreadsheet?
1. What is the sheet name
2. What cells is the data located in (9,r,81 etc)
3. Where on the sheet do you want the combinations output?

Thanks
Caleeco

Upvote 0
Thanks Caleeco for your help so far, I really appreciate it. I probably should back up a little bit because I am probably overcomplicating things. I have 7 apparatus, 9, R, 81, 82, 84, 85, 86 which can travel to a location. One piece of apparatus can respond or all 7 can respond, such as 9 or r81, or 828485. So it is really only one column of all of the possibilities. I probably should have clarified that earlier, sorry about that
I am working on sheet 2
the cells with the data are located from K2:K1200
combinations output beyond column AG
thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back