Power BI and Power Automate

Kevin3030

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello. I am looking to link a Power Bi report to Power Automate. Specifically, I would like my Outlook to send out the Power BI report as soon as it gets published. If the report populates with names/emails, is there any way to have Power Automate send the report only to those who show up on the publish report? This seems like a cool idea but I'm having trouble figuring out if this is possible... Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Welcome!

The available Power BI actions are quite limited currently, and the triggers are too, meaning that as far as I know of there's no way to do exactly what you want. Does the report get published regularly? If so, you could set your flow to run on a regular schedule based on when you know the report will be refreshed and then export the PBI report and add it as an attachment to an email.

I do not think there is any way to actually read the data of a report and include it as parameters for a flow, so you might be stuck doing that manually. I do know there is a thing in PBI called data driven alerts (Set data alerts in the Power BI service - Power BI), but I believe they have to be on a dashboard, not a report.

-------------------------------

So another thought. Where does your data come from? Depending on where it comes from and what kind of analysis is done to create the table with names, it might be possible to get what you want by creating a flow connected straight to the data source.

Upvote 0
Welcome!

The available Power BI actions are quite limited currently, and the triggers are too, meaning that as far as I know of there's no way to do exactly what you want. Does the report get published regularly? If so, you could set your flow to run on a regular schedule based on when you know the report will be refreshed and then export the PBI report and add it as an attachment to an email.

I do not think there is any way to actually read the data of a report and include it as parameters for a flow, so you might be stuck doing that manually. I do know there is a thing in PBI called data driven alerts (Set data alerts in the Power BI service - Power BI), but I believe they have to be on a dashboard, not a report.

-------------------------------

So another thought. Where does your data come from? Depending on where it comes from and what kind of analysis is done to create the table with names, it might be possible to get what you want by creating a flow connected straight to the data source.
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I think my solution is going to be your last thought. My data is coming from Excel so I'm going to try to set up a flow from there to send out the BI report. Should only be one extra step from what I was originally thinking. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSBerry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back