Power Query Error

lokesh2905

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,
Can you please help me, after clicking on "New Query-From File", i am able to select the file type, but after clicking the file, it's directly loaded in power query Editor, not giving the option where you can see your data snap shot (where we have the option for "Combine", "Load", "Edit" , "Cancel". For more information please check the attachment.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
If there was meant to be an attachment it didn't come through.
If I am in Excel and I use Data > Get Data > From File, I get the preview window with all the buttons.
If I am in Power Query and I use New Query > File, I still get the preview window but I do not get the OK and Cancel options.

I think that's just the way it works, that if you are already in Power Query it assumes you are going to want to straight to Transform (or in your version Edit).

Upvote 0
If there was meant to be an attachment it didn't come through.
If I am in Excel and I use Data > Get Data > From File, I get the preview window with all the buttons.
If I am in Power Query and I use New Query > File, I still get the preview window but I do not get the OK and Cancel options.

I think that's just the way it works, that if you are already in Power Query it assumes you are going to want to straight to Transform (or in your version Edit).
yes, after selecting the file, i directly come in query editor window.

Upvote 0
Can you give us a screenshot of where you go to select the file.
If its a drop down menu and you are using windows, use <windows> + S, it should put you in snip mode and leave the drop down menu open.
Also of the next screen after you select the file.

Upvote 0
Can you give us a screenshot of where you go to select the file.
If its a drop down menu and you are using windows, use <windows> + S, it should put you in snip mode and leave the drop down menu open.
Also of the next screen after you select the file.
1618484947775.png

Upvote 0
It looks like you are using Excel 2016, I'm on 365. I have been unable to find anything that refers to your issue.
I assume it happens all the time and is not specific to a file type or where the data is located eg C drive vs Network drive vs OneDrive.
Your profile also indicates you are running 365 as well as 2016. I assume this is not on the same machine and that you are not having the issue with 365.
Apart from that I am afraid I do not have a fix for you.

Upvote 0
It looks like you are using Excel 2016, I'm on 365. I have been unable to find anything that refers to your issue.
I assume it happens all the time and is not specific to a file type or where the data is located eg C drive vs Network drive vs OneDrive.
Your profile also indicates you are running 365 as well as 2016. I assume this is not on the same machine and that you are not having the issue with 365.
Apart from that I am afraid I do not have a fix for you.
Hi Alex,

Now i am facing new issue, when i try to upload any excel file in power query i got a error massage, for more information please see below the screen shot..

1618644855400.png

Upvote 0
Are you running 2 versions of Excel on the one machine (365 and 2016) ?
Are all the files you are trying to open in the same place ?
If so are they all on OneDrive or Sharepoint or on a Network drive) ?
Is the latest issue with importing both xls and xlsx files ?
Can you confirm that if you go Excel > File > Open on a file that failed that it works fine ?
Have you only been testing PQ from within the one workbook ? If so can you try a different one.

Upvote 0
Can you confirm that if you go Excel > File > Open on a file that failed that it works fine ?
Have you only been testing PQ from within the one workbook ? If so can you try a different one.
I am only running 1 version on my machine which is 2016

Yes, my all files on D drive only.

No in my office this is not allowed, so my all the file in my laptop only.

I am only able to import system generated .CSV file.

Yes

I try different work book also but getting the same error, if i copy my data in notepad and try up import in PowerQuery then it's working file. but when i same any excel file in .csv the same error is coming.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back