Power Query from the Cloud??

thewiseguy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I currently use power query as a means to generate company proposals. I have a "catalog" worksheet that contains all of our products and services and then I have a "proposal generator" which contains each projects data input. The proposal generator pulls data from the catalog and spits out the information for our clients. This works great when I am in the office, as these documents are on a local folder (linked up to the cloud).

FYI - I am using zoho workdrive as our cloud provider.

I tried to use these files at home but then realized the locations are not being found when the data was refreshed.

Can I rectify this by using OneDrive? Will OneDrive allow me to use these linked files whether I am in the office or at home?

Many thanks in advance!

/m

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Do you have OneDrive for Business?

Upvote 0
i don’t believe it’s for business. just a personal account. will that make a difference?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if you can do it from a personal OneDrive. I'll try and test later on (can't use personal account at work).

Upvote 0
if i simply move the 2 files from zoho workdrive to Onedrive, i am assuming the link won’t work correct? i’m new to power query….is it easy to change the file path so that the link will work in its new destination?

Upvote 0
It's pretty simple to edit the path in the Source step of a query. The tricky bit with OneDrive is figuring out the correct path.

Upvote 0
OK, then see the section titled "From the web connector using a file URL' in this MS article for a way to get the file path you need.

Upvote 0
will this work when i am on-premise and have everything linked and saved locally as well?

Upvote 0
As long as you have internet access because it will link to the online file, not your locally synced copy.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back