Powerpivot Field list won't refresh

nwillis

Hi, this is doing my head in, it should be simple. At the top of the field list on each pivot table it says 'Powerpivot data was modified' then an option to 'refresh'. If i refresh then it solves my issue but only for that specific pivot table. My issue is that i have over 200 pivot tables in this workbook and i don't want to go through and refresh each one every time i add a new measure or add new data.

Does anyone know how to update all of them? things i've tried:

Refresh - both from right clicking in the table itself and also in the pivottable tools options tab
Refresh all
Update all

None of them get rid of this message and update all my pivot tables, so i can't add any new measures to the 'values' in the field list, there must be something simple i'm missing.

Also i'm using excel 2010.

Please help...
Noel

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi Noel,

Do you remember what solved your issue? I keep having the same when I create multiple pivot tables based on the same power pivot connection. Some field lists will show the new items, and some will not.

Upvote 0
Here is a thought that might be better even though you've fixed it.

I pasted a micro table called refresh into my model. It is one row, one column and says refresh.

I add that as a slicer on a main tab or on every tab.

Then go to Pivot table Connections under the Slicers Options tab when you highlight a slicer and have that slicer control all pivots.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back