Present 4 combination graphs on 1 page

Excelnerd74

Office Version
  1. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I joined today.

I do have a question, I used to have an add in where I used to work to create dashboards. Time has moved on, plus I now work somewhere else.

I am collating some staff figures for my Department lead, and I would like to be able to present to her in a Dashboard sense.

I have have 4 weeks graphs I'd like to present on one page (week 1-4 for June), and I'd really like to be able to give to her as an A4 page with the 4 graphs equally displayed.

so it looks smart and professional, and I've been playing and I can't get them laid out nicely on the page.

What do you suggest please?

Thank you so much
Clair

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Welcome to the board!

Here's the general idea of what I'd do in a situation like yours:
First of all I'd try to automate the source data as much as possible. For this I'd use Power Query. If it's always just four weeks you're interested in ( = you don't want to save the previous weeks' data ) I'd just load the query as a connection only. If I wanted to save the older data I'd load it to a table on another sheet and then have another query to get the existing data from that table, add the new data to the query, remove the duplicated rows from the data and finally save it back to the same table with the new rows.

Now that I have my source data fixed I'd create the graphs using pivot tables if possible. I'd put them on their own sheets, just in case and create the acual graphs on those sheets and then just copy the graphs to the report sheet. When you've pasted the graphs on your report sheet use the alt key to make the graphs snap to the worksheet cells. This way they're easy to make the same size and place them evenly. If needed use helper cells on your pivot table sheets to make your graph titles etc. dynamic as well. Once you're happy with your report layout lock the report sheet so that the layout / structure stays the same and only the data changes when you update the report.

If you have your pivot tables in their separate sheets it doesn't matter if the column widths change or not but if you rather keep the column widths the same just go to the pt settings to fix them as well.

Following these general steps you only have to create the actual report once and once you're happy with your report it is enough to just refresh the source data when you want to crate a new report.

If you're not familiar with Power Query or Pivot Tables there are a ton of usefull YouTube tutorials to get you started. And if you get stuck you can always get more help from here. The more you can show about your data structure etc. the more specific help you can get. With Power Query it is really important to keep the table & column names as constant as possible and when you're saving the data to the data table make sure to keep your source data in a flat table ( = the same kind of data in each column and keep the columns as few as possible).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back