Production, Stock and Delivery control - Formulae across worksheets

jonotheboyyo

Hi All

I have a feeling that I'm going to struggle supplying enough good information here, but I'll do my best. It would be excellent if somebody took up this 'project' in general because I'm very much a novice at this and what I'm trying to do is very far out of my depth.

Ok, I have a spreadsheet with 3 sheets. The first sheet is a summary sheet, which is still full of cells that I need to manually input, for example incoming stock etc. The second sheet is a comprehensive list of deliveries, and stocks required for each delivery which needs to be manually input. What I would like is for this data to be represented in my summary sheet with the use of formulae. The problem I am having is that some of my fields have a Yes or No answer, to which end the cell shows either Y or N respectively. I need a formula to say that if there is a Y in the delivered column, then it subtracts and shows how many outstanding items of stock there are, and what needs to be produced in the factory. There are 3 stages that an item of our stock goes through and I need my spreadsheet to behave accordingly. First it is put into production, then it becomes our stock, and then it is delivered and to all intents and purposes is then forgotten about with regards to the numbers in my spreadsheet.

I realise that this is a pretty poor explanation that doesn't really get down to the nitty-gritty of the issue. I'm hoping for a volunteer to take a look at my spreadsheet and perhaps get a better idea of what I mean. I understand that I am asking a lot and I'm not sure if this is frowned upon, but I'm basically asking for someone to undertake this as a mini project and put all the right formulae in the right cells for me!

Any help is greatly appreciated and apologies if I've stepped out of line at all with regards to etiquette and rules of the forum.

Many thanks

Jonathan

P.S. almost forgot to mention that I am using Excel 2010 on Windows 7 Professional.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hello Jonathan and welcome to the Board.

PM me with your spreadsheet and I'll try and get to look at it later of early next week.

Mel

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shreyash11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back