Pulling Google Finance Data

trauger

Hello all,

Forgive my ignorance here, as I am an extreme amateur in the Excel game.
I have been searching Google in an attempt to find an example of a macro to accomplish what I want, but since I have little knowledge, it is difficult to know what exactly to search for. This being said, if there is an existing thread or a website with this macro which already exists, please let me know.

I am looking to selectively pull data from Google Finance. For reference, here is the data for a small company which has most information I am looking for (annual income statement data): https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:VTAE&fstype=ii&ei=50FxV7mNLYyP2Ab7uoiQAg

Included here is a table with many different statistics. I would like, for example, a macro where I could specify the parameter I want to pull e.g. =REVENUE(ticker) to find the most recent revenue statistic, or =BNEPS(ticker) to pull the basic normalized EPS. I would like to use the template and further customize the macro to be capable of pulling any data I want listed on the site. If there is a macro similar to this, where I can create commands based on statistics listed on the website, please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
took me 5 seconds to search on google : Get Company Financial Data in Excel

I found that site, but it was not quite what I was looking for. First, this spreadsheet is tailored to use Yahoo finance, while I want to be able to use any site (ex. Google). Secondly, it did not work when I tried to use it. It crashed, citing some bug.
In addition, there was no way to mimic a function call (=FUNCTION(input)), which is more along the lines of what I am looking for.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back