Punctuate text in MS-Excel

Beethoven123

Hello,
I have a thousands of columns of quotations in MS-Excel. I would like to punctuate them. Is there a formula I can use to do it?

For Example: I would like to change:[FONT=Merriweather, Georgia, serif] abc to "abc".

Thanks in advance.
[/FONT]

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I have a thousands of columns of quotations in MS-Excel.
Please clarify... Do you have thousands of columns with thousands of rows of data? Or do you only have several columns with thousands of rows of data? Or do you actually have only one column with thousands of rows of data?

Why don't you tell use the actual range (starting row and columns involved... we know the number of rows will vary) instead of using a vague description of the range?

For Example: I would like to change:[FONT=Merriweather, Georgia, serif] abc to "abc".
[/FONT]
Does the text you want to put quotes around (the abc in your example) fill the entire cell that it is in?

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casco

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...