Quick Access Toolbar save to workbook

Luke777

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I've been using the QAT to launch a macro - which is really fun - but I've noticed that the QAT appears to be saved locally i.e. a file shared by multiple people won't see the same QAT as me because its my QAT not theirs.

Is there a way I can make the launch button appear on the QAT? I know that's a little intrusive, but nobody with access to this particular file really uses the QAT to begin with, never mind customizes it.

If this is not possible as I strongly suspect, will custom ribbon buttons act as a transferable replacement that does what I want it to do? I know I could use a regular "click here" macro button... but they're just so ugly

Thanks all!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
When you customize the QAT you add commands from a long list on the left to a shorter list on the right; above this second list you may chose either "this customization is valid for any workbook" (i.e. valid for "this pc") or "this customization is valid only for this workbook". With this second option the customization will travel with the workbook, and thus will be available on a second Pc. Of course also the macro need to travel with the file.

Bye

Upvote 0
Solution
When you customize the QAT you add commands from a long list on the left to a shorter list on the right; above this second list you may chose either "this customization is valid for any workbook" (i.e. valid for "this pc") or "this customization is valid only for this workbook". With this second option the customization will travel with the workbook, and thus will be available on a second Pc. Of course also the macro need to travel with the file.

Bye
Thanks for this! Completely missed this option, thank you :)

Upvote 0
Note that that option to save customisations to specific workbooks is NOT available on Mac, only on Windows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacob_mcbride

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back