Random cells into master worksheet

cplusHR

Please I have been searching to find a helpful marco or VB script to easy my task.

I am dealing with data shattered but identical source to merge them into a new workbook, then I will use this workbook as a data toward a new Management system implemented to our company.

I am request to pile all these information.

I tried to do a marco but it failed to do my request. I am beginner in Marco and zero knowledge in VB.

I want to transfer data from A Salary.xls which contains several worksheet with different names, to the master worksheet
Transfer data from B Salary.xls with several worksheet to the same master worksheet.
I have about 11 similar excel files. at the desktop folder. In another folder i require additional cell value to be transfered to the same masterworksheet,

I know it is very complex.

Eg: A Salary.xls , sheet1 called "Alico" , cell A8 copied to Sheet1 in Master workbook A2,
Cell B8 to B2, then I2 (master workbook) is filled with Name of "Alico" or Sheet1, then J2 master workbook) the file name "A Salary", and I8 from sheet1 cell AV2 (master workbook). Afterwards, from Employee coding.xls which is in D:\ it search for the code in A2 in the masterworkbook, the info from employee coding will be transfered as such;
D"x" where "x" depends on the rom number the code was found, => H2
F"x" => E2, G"x" => AF2, I"x" => AG2

Next row would be the as cell A9 copied to Sheet1 in Master workbook A3,
Cell B9 to B3, then I3 (master workbook) is filled with Name of "Alico" or Sheet1, then J3 master workbook) the file name "A Salary", and I9 from sheet1 cell AV3 (master workbook). Afterwards, from Employee coding.xls which is in D:\ it search for the code in A3 in the masterworkbook, the info from employee coding will be transfered as such;
D"x" => H3
F"x" => E3, G"x" => AF3, I"x" => AG3
It goes same toward the sheet2 and sheet 3 to be copied as such and other files of course.

Would this work to pile all this. I have started doing this task but would take me ages, since there are different information to be merged and many sheets inside each excel file.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated, and if any further information required, please let me know. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rdeane

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back