mirology

My data are like This
TotalFeedCol1Col2Col3Factor1Factor2Factor3
100 (sc-1)502525=50/100=25/100=25/100
100 (sc 2)70=70/100??
100 (sc-3)7015=70/100=15/100?

<tbody>
</tbody>

As a matter of math its easy the 30 % remaining will be allocated as 15% and 15 % ...

What i need is when i change Col1 value ,factor2 and factor3 auto-renormalize eg.(15-15) so that sum=100 for all 3 columns
and the same happens when i change Col2 value , factor1 and factor3 changes accordingly
same for col 3. factor 1,2 change

for all of the above scenarios ( Scenario 1 = direct manual input so total = 100 )
Scenario 2 ( 1 manual and 2 auto calculated )
Scenarios 3 ( 2 manual and 1 auto calculated)

I need a unified Column Formula or a VB code to do the above Scenarios depending if the offset cell (Col1,2,3) empty or not

:confused::confused:

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
As far as I know, you will not be able to do what you want using Excel formulas... an Excel formula calculates on the values it sees in the cells it references and cannot tell which cell physically changed. You can do what you want with VBA event code, but you will need to clarify your requirements a little bit before such code can be written. Is it always the case that whatever number you put in one cell is subtracted from 100 and the remainder is divided in two and each of those halves is assigned to the remaining cells across? In other words, at least two of the cells will always have the same amount in them?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply, the idea is if i made a manual over-ride in columns from 1 to 3 the factor should be forced to take it ... and the reaming will be divided over the other cells unless they are manually over-rided too ... i was messing around with the sumif function and it seems i have found a way to do without VB and here is the forumla written in any of the(FACTOR Columns) :

for example in scenario number 2

=IF(ColumnCell="",(OlderColumnCell/((SUM(OlderColumnCellsss)-SUMIF(ColumnCells,"<>",OlderColumnCellsss)))*(100-SUMIF(ColumnCellsss,"<>",ColumnCellsss))),ColumnCell)

IF function used to check if cell empty or not : if not empty then factor = cell value directly
if empty : the sumif function used to sum the adjacent previous rows for non empty cells and substract it from the 100 and dist. it

I used the above formula and it works well with all scenarios... except scenario 1 there is no total =100 check so data validation may be done for this ... Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back