Refresh All Crashes PQ, Individual Query Refreshes work properly.

pjmorris

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a set of queries that seem to behave oddly. If I do a 'Refresh All' the refresh never ends (well not in the span of my patience which is many minutes), but if I refresh individual queries in the order that I would anticipate their execution it only takes a few minutes - and most of that is me button clicking. The structure of the set of queries is as follows:

query Structure.jpg

To do the manual refresh I click first on qrySource, then each of the detail queries followed by the summary, which as I've said works as expected. Unfortunately, I can't get directly to the summary from the source as the processing in each detail query is required.

When doing a Refresh All, very quickly the qrySource loads data and reports that 161 rows have been loaded. Which seems correct. The detail queries then seem to get stuck at 'Loading Data.....' with a little spinning circle of dots. Even when I left it running in the background for several hours nothing seemed to happen. If I remove the qrySummary the refresh works as expected so it is the bottom set of links that seems to be causing the problem.

I really would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions.

Best Regards

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
I have a set of queries that seem to behave oddly. If I do a 'Refresh All' the refresh never ends (well not in the span of my patience which is many minutes), but if I refresh individual queries in the order that I would anticipate their execution it only takes a few minutes - and most of that is me button clicking. The structure of the set of queries is as follows:

View attachment 75487
To do the manual refresh I click first on qrySource, then each of the detail queries followed by the summary, which as I've said works as expected. Unfortunately, I can't get directly to the summary from the source as the processing in each detail query is required.

When doing a Refresh All, very quickly the qrySource loads data and reports that 161 rows have been loaded. Which seems correct. The detail queries then seem to get stuck at 'Loading Data.....' with a little spinning circle of dots. Even when I left it running in the background for several hours nothing seemed to happen. If I remove the qrySummary the refresh works as expected so it is the bottom set of links that seems to be causing the problem.

I really would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions.

Best Regards
Hi have you solved the problem ? I'm running into the same problem but I'm using 365 version; refreshing queries one by one works but a refresh all make it stuck on "loading data" ...what's odd is that it worked fine before ... I only added one query connection only

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
el_gazar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back