Refreshing Website Connections - Including Date Of Refresh

shaner067

Hi everyone,

I am currently using the Connections tools (under Data tab) to retrieve information from a website. In the end I will probably need about 50 separate Connections to retrieve all of the data that I would like. The problem i am facing is that when the data is refreshed, it does not provide any type of time stamp. I also do not want to set them up so that they automatically refresh every X minutes or upon opening as this seems to take a very long time and sometimes crash the program. I would like to be able to maintain a refresh of each set of data on its own.

The solution i thought of was to create a button where a Macro would run the normal single data refresh process, but also put today's current date in a certain cell. Would anyone be able to help me out with the code for this macro ?? Or if you know of any easier way than creating a button/macro please advise.

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
did something similar myself recently used the following; created macro to add date to specific ell on specific sheet and then refresh

Code:
Sheets("Sheetname").Range("A1").Value = Now
ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afua

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back