Registration Project

Jwardlowak

Hello,

I am a noob when it comes to what I am asking help for and I'm willing to learn. I am planning to make a database for the youth program I over see. This is just one part I am needing help with.

I have about eleven events that the youth competes in over a two and a half day period. There are two different age groups that I have to separate, Jr's and Sr's. I'm trying to save myself or the person working the registration table time of typing repeated information. I need to be able to have the Athlete's Name and Team Name be put in the correct sheet if there is an "X".

So if I type: Ralph Doe in A2, Team Chicken in B2, Jr is "X" (C1), Boy is "X" (E1) and Event 1 is "X" (G1). Then Ralph Doe, Team Chicken should be inputted in another sheet named "Event 1 Jr Boys". Also if I deselect the Athlete's name from an event, it should delete him/her from that Event Sheet but keep all other athlete's information in that sheet.

Thank you very much for your help.

tinypic.com
[/URL][/IMG]

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
I presume that the format which you desire will be used again sometime in the future.

I am wondering if you would do better to have a "form" to add Athletes to your database, ie, in a table you give them an ID, Name, Team, Jnr/Snr designation and then gender.
That would be added to you data worksheet.

Then, as each event is completed the recorder fills another "form" with the ID (which would automatically bring up the athlete's name and team). The recorder then is only required to the event number and the required rating. Both of those "forms" would address your data worksheet.

That is going to require a little bit of VBA. At this point I haven't considered "splitting" your data worksheet into Juniors or Seniors; depending upon your needs it might only be necessary to sort the data with Juniors at the top and Seniors lower down.

One thing about which I am not clear is
Also if I deselect the Athlete's name from an event, it should delete him/her from that Event Sheet but keep all other athlete's information in that sheet.
. Does that mean that all of the athlete's data is to be removed, or just that event?

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding BrianJN1,

I understand that VBA will be involved. At the event I coordinate we have about five to ten teams with five to thirty athletes per team. The Junior Girls/Boys and Senior Girls/Boys do the same event just broken into four groups. If it was a userform, the interface would need to be were I can access the team that registered as well as select/deselect athlete(s) name, group (Jr, Sr), and Gender, and event. So when it's time to have the coaches check-in their athletes we can put a "X" in the Jr/Sr as well as Boy/Girl box, even in the Event cell as well. If the athlete is unable to show, we can deselect the event they were supposed to compete in. Then their name will be removed from the event list but keep all other athletes name on the list.

Upvote 0
Ok.
For the moment I have put together this together as a thought:
Dropbox - Athlete.xlsm

Does this work well with you so far as I have gone?
If so I'll develop a VBA VLOOKUP Sub for the second form on Sheet1.
I seem to understand that we may need to develop another "form" for cases of "no-show".
I'm assuming that "no-show" may have two consequences, non-attendance at the meeting or just one specific event.

Note: while the macro transfers data to one specific sheet, Sheet2, there is no reason why it should not move data to a sheet specifically for Juniors or one for Seniors meaning that you do not have Sheet2 as a Master data sheet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I appreciate your time and helping me. Here is a couple screen shots of what I give my coaches to fill out and with the information they give me. Then I type in the athletes names and team name on a sheet like this other screen shot. Just I have to repeat athletes names if they are doing nine to eleven events. The score sheet is in four groups like I mentioned before Jr Boys, Jr Girls, Sr Boys and Sr Girls. So to eliminate the process of typing athletes names over and over. On the registration paper, I could just "X" in the event they are doing. Then their name and team name would appear on the correct Event Sheet without me having to type it on each individual events that one athlete is doing. If there is an athlete that doesn't show, I can just uncheck their name and their name will be taken off just that Event Sheet they signed up for.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate your time and effort.

tinypic.com
[/URL][/IMG]

tinypic.com
[/URL][/IMG]

Upvote 0
Ok. I understand that you already have a substantial workbook structure in place, and I'm beginning to think questions that are unlikely to assist.

I'm understanding that when you create your master list that competitor names are also relegated to Age-Gender worksheets. Then at the conclusion of an event, on your master list, that cell for which an athlete did not front is unchecked.

I'm thinking that it might be easier for me to see the full structure of your workbook. See PM to you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomvula

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back