Replicating Array Formula

jaustin

I recently stumbled across array formulas (specifically LINEST)which could be a big help if I can learn how to use it properly. While I can set-up a 2x5 cell region for theresults, I only need and slope and intercept. If I turn the Stat option to False this is exactly what I get and need(which are in cells 1 and 2 of row 1 of the result matrix). However, I want to apply this formula to atable in which the x values are in “DU2:EN2” and the y values are “DU3:EN3” butthe table goes from rows 3-83 (y values). Myquestion is how to apply this formula to each row (from 3 to 83) using VBA. I’ve tried various approaches but continue toget the remainder of the initial formula in rows 4-7. I would also like to make the solutionvariable so that y rows can be variable (except for row 3) as this table will have variable y rows.

I just purchased the MrExcel book on array formulas but haven't received it yet. Can't believe I hadn't known about this Excel feature before now.

Thanks in advance,

J. Austin

Yes, I've been using Stats = False all along. Just tried it for this testing to see if I got the overall 2x5 array. Did not.

jaustin

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burk0007

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back