Return 1 if criteria met or 0 if not - based on two criteria with both columns having multiple instances (duplicates).

Squirl28

Hi,

In column B I have ticket numbers and there are 12 instances of each ticket (may grow). In column D I have clients. In column E I have specific text (e.g., alert, no alert, etc). In column AM I need it to show 1 or 0. I want it to only count the first instance of colum B (ticket number) and in column E count first instance of “Alert”. I’m working with a table with 1000 + records.

Example: This range should never show more than 1 for 12 instance range. In other words return 1 the first time you see ticket and alert on same row.

B D E AM
12345 C1 No Alert 0
12345 C2 Alert 1
12345 C3 Alert 0
12345 C4 No Alert 0
12345 C5 No Alert 0
12345 C6 No Alert 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I noticed that if there are two “Alerts” in a row the formula works. However, if it says “Alert” then “No Alert” it will give me 1 instead of 0. As soon as I change it to “Alert” it gives the 2nd one and the following 0. However, I can’t change the data as that would skew it. Thanks for any assistance

Upvote 0
I noticed that if there are two “Alerts” in a row the formula works. However, if it says “Alert” then “No Alert” it will give me 1 instead of 0. As soon as I change it to “Alert” it gives the 2nd one and the following 0. However, I can’t change the data as that would skew it. Thanks for any assistance

Please try to post the sample where the formula does not behave as you expect along with the desired results.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back