Running a Macro

Rutger54

Hi All,

I'm hoping to get some help in running a macro. My situation is this:

I have a master spreadsheet with 13 different tabs. 3 of the tabs are "Today", "Yesterday", and "Statement."
I run 2 reports each morning, "Today" and "Statement."
First, I copy the info from "Today" from the Master Spreadsheet, and paste it into "Yesterday."
I then, after having run "Today" and saving it down in Excel format on the communal drive, copy and paste it into tab "Today."
Again after having saved it down on the communal drive, I copy and paste "Statement" into the "Statement" tab on the Master Spreadsheet.

With all of the new information I needed and now have, a tab checks the numbers on each of the spreadsheets pulled from those main tabs using VLOOKUP. I can be assured the numbers are now correct.

If I can run a macro to pull these reports and paste them in the appropriate tabs, that would be ideal! Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
It would probably be easiest to have you record your macro of what you do each day and then post the code here so we can clean it up a bit.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I don't have a macro for this process, and not sure how to write one. That's what I need some help with. Sry!

Upvote 0
I guess what I eed to know how to do is Write a macro that pulls from my shared drive and copies and pastes info into appropriate tabs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back