SAP Recording , open spreadsheet

hcabs99

Hi

I've done numerous SAP records in the past with no issues, but am having issues with this particular one. Due to the way the SAP page is set up the only way I can extract the data is via the Spreadsheet option in SAP. When you do this option manually it opens up the spreadsheet as a separate workbook to allow you to do what you want with the data. If you do a recording and play this back via Excel vba it does the same.

However.... if I then put in a very simple command in the VBA to do a simple, windows.activate , copy data from that sheet to another (to my main workbook) , the opening of the workbooks does not happen, instead it simply downloads the extract to the PC.

So.. I tried then to replace the windows activate command with an import workbook command thinking it would do the same.. but no , it opens up the workbooks as before so the import workbook function does not work.

This is driving me mad!

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back