Saving an excel 5.1/95 editor customization file (from 97-2003) format to 2016 format .xlsm format

Kthom019

[FONT=&quot]I have upgraded to Excel 2016 from excel 97/2003. I have several workbooks with macros in the old format. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When I attempt to save them to the .xlsm file format, I receive a message stating that:
"This workbook contains one or more of the following features that are not supported by the selected file format: *Excel 5.0/95 Menu Editor Customization."

How can I save these files, maintain the macros and updated to my current version of Excel? This is really urgent; thanks in advance.[/FONT]

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
The macros themselves should be fine, it's just the toolbar customisations that may be lost.

Kthom019

:cool:
The macros themselves should be fine, it's just the toolbar customisations that may be lost.
Thank you Rory. Does that mean I need to recreate them? Be a bit more explicit please, I am new to VBA.

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Yes. You'll either need to customise the Ribbon or your Quick Access Toolbar to add buttons for your macros, but the code itself should be fine.

Kthom019

:cool:, thanks again.
Yes. You'll either need to customise the Ribbon or your Quick Access Toolbar to add buttons for your macros, but the code itself should be fine.

Kthom019

Okay, the macros did not work. I received an error message that the files could not be found. Any other suggestion.

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
What files?

Kthom019

Okay, the macros are being used to pull information from 4 workbooks into one workbook. Only data from 1 worksheet in each is being moved to this workbook.

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
It will be pretty hard to troubleshoot a macro unless I can see it... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_Dubs

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...