"Saving..." Dialogue Box Remains Open

SlyEnemy

Hello all. Firstly, thanks for any input you can provide on this, it's got me absolutely stumped.

I've been putting together what is essentially a database in Excel for the company I work for. Before any comments, I know, Excel is not the ideal place for this (if only the company execs would listen to that) so I have to work with what I've got. For the sake of reference, I'll call this file "The Log".

The Log contains a few macros, but a host of other macros are contained in another file, "The Control Panel". These two work in conjunction with each other, with "The Control Panel" opening up a Userform with buttons that folk can press to try and keep it user friendly.

Everything has worked fine, and when it hasn't, I've managed to fix it, but for this one problem: Sometimes, when saving either the Control Panel or The Log, the saving bar stops progressing. I can't replicate the issue, it sometimes starts immediately, it sometimes doesn't do it for a week. I can see by going into the relevant folders that the temp file has finished and that the modified date of the workbooks identifies them as having been saved correctly, but in order to continue I have to cancel out of the save dialogue box. It will continue to do this with The Log and the Control Panel until I exit Excel entirely and go back in, at which point it works as normal.

A few details which may be of relevance - these files are on the company's network, the Log is about 25mb in size and is accessed by about 5 different people. At least 3 of us have encountered this bug.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HBryant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back