Screen Grabs on Excel 2010?

Mr Denove

Morning all,

Im putting together a process which includes lots of screen shots but when I try to capture a filter in drop-down it disappears before I can capture the image.

Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Stuart

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
If you have a reasonably recent version of Windows, you should have the 'Snipping Tool' available. If you start that, click the drop-down beside Delay and choose, say, 5 (seconds).
Now click 'New' on the Snipping Tool, click your filter drop-down in Excel and wait till the 5 seconds is up. The snipping tool should then allow you to capture your shot with the drop-down still down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Peter, many thanks for your reply. Its 2010, I know some places still use it. However, I dont see the delay option you refer to in the Snipping Tool.
Thanks, Stuart

Upvote 0
Hi Peter, many thanks for your reply. Its 2010, I know some places still use it. However, I dont see the delay option you refer to in the Snipping Tool.
Thanks, Stuart
2010 is your Excel version, but what is your Windows version? I think what I have described may only be available from Windows 10, not Windows 7. Time to upgrade??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi both, not sure on the Windows version but assume old lol. Not sure I can download your screen captor either as firewalled up the yazoo here.

Upvote 0
So, what happens if you just click the drop-down then press the 'print screen' button on your keyboard and paste that image then crop as desired?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back