Search function

Naus

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!

I need some help. I am currently an intern in a company and my boss asked me to make a Excel file to keep an overview of there ordering materials list.

i want an front page that the individual employee can post information in and then be redirected to the specific colloum containing the inputs. (From Front page to Sheet 1).

I cant really figure out how to make this. I already tried to make an specific rule but no success. Can somebody help a student? :D
1652085552063.png

1652085483612.png

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I can give you the code but that will only put you in more trouble :) You are an intern and providing an application which you do not fully understand will not only put your career in soup but will also be unfair to the company.

I would recommend learning how .Find works in VBA. You can go through the msdn kb Range.Find method (Excel) and then write your own code. If you get stuck, post the code that you tried and I will definitely help you (It's a promise). But you will have to show some efforts first...

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply and for the help. My other problem is that the company have blocked access for VBA codes being created, so i cant macroprogramming the Excel file.

If macros are disabled then you will either have to speak with the IT team yourself or ask your boss to speak to them. If macros are disabled then you cannot run vba code.

If you are looking for a formula based solution then with so many fields involved, you will have to use lot of formulas with lot of conditions.

Upvote 0
If macros are disabled then you will either have to speak with the IT team yourself or ask your boss to speak to them. If macros are disabled then you cannot run vba code.

If you are looking for a formula based solution then with so many fields involved, you will have to use lot of formulas with lot of conditions.

so is it completely out of the question to use formulas? I only have to find data from, for example, row F in Sheet 1 based on product ID in the specific search field. Is it completely out of the question?

Upvote 0
I have tried the ISNUMBER funktion, but constantly get an error message that I do not quite understand. Can not do such?
1652089839622.png

Upvote 0
so is it completely out of the question to use formulas? I only have to find data from, for example, row F in Sheet 1 based on product ID in the specific search field. Is it completely out of the question?
No it is not out of question. Like I mentioned, it is possible. If you can share the screenshot of your data headers then perhaps we can find a way to achieve what you want?

Upvote 0
No it is not out of question. Like I mentioned, it is possible. If you can share the screenshot of your data headers then perhaps we can find a way to achieve what you want?
for some reason I can not be allowed to install XL2BB so do not quite know how I can send information to you. My problem is that I want to make a search function that can find the existing inputs in Sheet 1. Right now there is no data in Sheet 1. I have to enter it manually later, but I would first have the excel sheet ready. In this way, we can keep a broader overview for the customer when they ask where their goods are. I know that Excel already has this search function but not everyone in the company is equally strong in terms of IT

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back