Searching Grade Bins and Returning Product

RickLocker

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Not even sure where to start.

The formula shown is supposed to read the various grades of material in P,Q,R,S column and then find which grade bin it sits in from the reference table and return the BIN type from Row 5. This used to work in an old version of the sheet I have but I'm trying to update it and it no longer works. I definitely don't understand the parts enough to rebuild the whole. Anyone see any glaring errors or a better way I can achieve this? As you can see the current returns highlighted in yellow are only WW and HG, cant seem to make it give me anything other than that...

1689064496128.png

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Welcome to the forum.

can you post the data using xl2bb add in (link below)? Or paste as a table. You're asking the forum to recreate your scenario which is time consuming and can have errors in data entry.

Please help the forum help you.

Upvote 0
It's best for you to fully describe the rules so that others can help you rewrite the formula. Sometimes it's difficult to see the result you need from an incorrect formula

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum.

can you post the data using xl2bb add in (link below)? Or paste as a table. You're asking the forum to recreate your scenario which is time consuming and can have errors in data entry.

Please help the forum help you.
Unfortunately I'm on a work machine currently and I don't have permissions to install any Add-ins. Ill try when I get home.

Upvote 0
It's best for you to fully describe the rules so that others can help you rewrite the formula. Sometimes it's difficult to see the result you need from an incorrect formula
So for each of the elements, Fe, Si, Al2O3 and Mn there is a result grade. The Ore Bins are designed in a way that there is no overlap so if you check each one and discount the ones that don't fit inside each max min variable you will eventually be left with one. That will be the grade bin it falls in.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back