Searching multiple values in Custom Filter

steveh8204

Board Regular
Is it possible to search for several matching numbers when running a search from the Filter drop down dialog box or even with the 'Text Filters > Custom Filters' option?

I tried putting a comma between each value but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

jmacleary

To search for more than 2 matches at a time, you will need to either use the advanced filter or some vba. Have a look at advanced filter first. With that you can filter for many different values.

Of course, an alternative is to first uncheck all the numbers in the drop-down then check the ones you want. If the values are always the same, just record a macro doing this once, then run the macro as needed.

Last edited:

steveh8204

Board Regular
To search for more than 2 matches at a time, you will need to either use the advanced filter or some vba. Have a look at advanced filter first. With that you can filter for many different values.

Of course, an alternative is to first uncheck all the numbers in the drop-down then check the ones you want. If the values are always the same, just record a macro doing this once, then run the macro as needed.
Unfortunately this is a shared, protected workbook which has crippled any hope of some decent Macros. I can't even select the 'Advanced' button on the Ribbon.
A bit ridiculous if you ask me but the author has been far from helpful in making this an easy workbook to navigate. I have only got the drop down box from the top of the Column to work with.

Thanks anyway.

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics