Select cells and then run a macro to lighten/darken the interior colour of all cells

Richynero

Board Regular
I have a table of data which has quite afew columns. I find it easier to read the columns if each row is a slightly different colour, (white and a very light grey is my normal preference).

Now, the table I have at present is one I have inherited. Some of the columns are coloured light yellow and a few more light green, while the majority are white.

I want to be able to highlight a single row and then run a macro which makes the the interior color of each cell either a tad darker or a tad darker.

I have been playing around with interior.color and interior.colorindex and cant work out how to do this. I wanted to convert the color into an RGB so I can work on it but dont know how to do that either.

I found this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx but cant seem to get any use out of it. Final question, what is RGB long as refered to in this link?

Thanks one and all...

Richard

PS: I dont want to just have all the cells go the same color, I know how to run a little mod 2 in conditional formatting but I want to keep the existing colours just tinge them a little.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atfoley16

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back