Selecting, coloring and defining a range

ChuckDrago

Hi everyone,

For an app under development, I need the user to:
1) Select a range of rows within a single column (say, A5:A15)
2) Color the background of the selected range.
3) Click on a button that opens a UserForm where the selected range is shown ( e.g. within a text box in the UDF, labeled Selected Range:) as "A5:A15" and its new color kept.

The active macro would then merge the cells within the range, write a certain label on it and save the workbook. Further workbook openings will show the range with the written words within and the color background changed.

In researching the web, I came across to this snippet:
<code>
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
With Target
.Worksheet.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add xlExpression, , "TRUE"
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.Color = vbYellow
End With
End Sub
</code>
The only thing this allows is to change the color, but it retains neither the selected range color nor its address when clicking the button calling the active macro.

I will appreciate immensely if a modification to above or an alternative code is suggested to attain the sequence of events mentioned above.
Thanks, as usual
Chuck

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Macro to copy values across rows and transposing them and add the user id
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Hi,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New...