Simple SUM will not SUM

The Animal

Hi
In AT4 I have =SUM(AR4,AQ4,AL4,AI4,AE4) BUT is only SUMMING AO4,AL4,AI4,AE4 and not AR4
All cells are formatted number so no problem there
But in AR4 I do have the formula =IF(OR(M4="Casual",M4="Part Time"),AD4*Y4,AC4) and in M4 "Salary" is found not Casual or Part Time.
So appears to be ignoring AR4 based on the formula in AR4 if Casual or Part Time is found in M4 then works ok but cannot see any relationship as AT4 is not asking if Salary, Part Time or Casual is found to SUM?

Any help would be great

Stephen

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Sorry stuffed up.
In AT4 I have =SUM(AR4,AQ4,AL4,AI4,AE4) BUT is only SUMMING AR4,AQ4,AL4,AI4 and not AE4
All cells are formatted number so no problem there
But in AE4 I do have the formula =IF(OR(M4="Casual",M4="Part Time"),AD4*Y4,AC4) and in M4 "Salary" is found not Casual or Part Time.
So appears to be ignoring AE4 based on the formula in AE4 if Casual or Part Time is found in M4 then works ok but cannot see any relationship as AT4 is not asking if Salary, Part Time or Casual is found to SUM?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes I am Positive M
Only variable is the formula in AE4, if Casual or Part Time found then works ok but if Salary will not SUM but cannot see relationship.
The formula in AE4 works perfectly and returns a value as expected but that value does not add to SUM.

Upvote 0
Yes I am Positive M
Only variable is the formula in AE4, if Casual or Part Time found then works ok but if Salary will not SUM but cannot see relationship.
The formula in AE4 works perfectly and returns a value as expected but that value does not add to SUM.

See if this works
=SUM(AR4,AQ4,AL4,AI4,--AE4)

If it works, it indicates that AC4 is not a number, but a text that looks like a number. To check, try in an empty cell
=ISNUMBER(AC4)

M.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back