Skipping Empty Cells with a Formula

raccoon588

Board Regular
I have a worksheet that goes over a 24hr period. Each hour a user enters their hourly count. One of my lines has a running daily count. I have =IF(K1677="","",K1677-K1676) as a formula. It takes the amount enters in the previous hour and subtracts it from the current hour to give the actual number for the hour. there are times when they need to leave a few hours of the day empty. how can i get the formula to grab the number in the last populated cell and subtract that from the current number?

thank you

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Can you explain what this formula does? I need to be able to understand it so i can apply it. thank you

Upvote 0
Hi

LOOKUP(1E+300,$K$1:K1676)

returns the last number value in the range $K$1:K1676, which I understood is what you want to subtract from K1677

Upvote 0
K1775 has 14448
K1776-K1778 are blank
K1779 has 14930
I need a formula that will skip those blank cells then take K1779(14930) and subtract K1775(14448) to give me 482 as a final result. but i need it to work as numbers are added. so say 100 cells later they leave blank cells, it should be able to take the newest entry and subtract it from the last. I tried to insert an image but it wont let me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatGuyCap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back