Some can open, some cant

TxGator

Hello,

I created a simple flat DB and posted it on our share drive. It is one table, one form, one report and an export to excel. There is a menu table that has 3 buttons on it, 1 to open the form, 1 for the report and 1 to export.. I have had 4 people attempt to open it, 2 can, 2 cant. On those that cant, nothing happens but they are able to open the table and view the data. I have restarted, Re-posted and compacted and I have no idea why 2 are unable to use. Help!

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Welcome to the Board!

Do they have Macros/VBA disabled?
If they are not enabled (which is often the default), none of the buttons or other VBA will do anything.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Do they have Macros/VBA disabled?
If they are not enabled (which is often the default), none of the buttons or other VBA will do anything.

No, thats whats so confusing, all PC are set up the same.

Upvote 0
Exactly what kind of behavior is occurring on these users where it doesn't work properly?
Are they able to open the database?
Are they getting some sort of error message?
Exactly what isn't working?
Which version on Office/Access are you using?

It doesn't really matter if all PCs are set up the same. Sometimes it will alert you that macros have been disabled, and if you choose to enable them at that point, or set-up trusted locations, it will work on that particular computer. But if others don't do that, it will not work on their's until they do something like that.

Upvote 0
The DB's open, The menu table is what is not working. No error message. MS Access 2013. When they open the DB it has a bar across the top that asks if you want to enable it. They slect yes but the menu still doesnt work.

Upvote 0
The menu table is what is not working
A Table doesn't really do anything except hold data. Are you saying you cannot even open/view the data in the Table?
Or are you really talking about a Form, and not a Table.

When they open the DB it has a bar across the top that asks if you want to enable it. They slect yes but the menu still doesnt work.
So, I assume you mean that when they click any of the buttons on the Form, nothing happens. If that is the case, it still sounds like their Macros are not enabled.

Here are a few articles/videos which may help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3-oT0f3-wY
https://support.office.com/en-sg/ar...ce-files-12b036fd-d140-4e74-b45e-16fed1a7e5c6

In that second link, you may want to look at the section called "Change macro settings in the Trust Center", and first note what level it is set to, and make any unnecessary changes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pertotal

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back