Spedometer Graphs

Lil T Pea

I have created a dashboard which contain spedometer graphs. The graphs are linked to 3 options so you can choose which data set you want to view on the graph. The graph automatically updates itself when the figure you want to represent on the graph is placed in a formula. The problem i have however is that i am unable to have both positive and negative numbers on 1 graph. For instance the 0 has to be at either end of a 180 slice rather than appearing in the middle. If anyone knows how i can make it so a 0 can be placed any where on the gauge i would be extremely grateful.

For example you can chose to view last years data which shows 1, and also this years data which shows -1. However they both cannot be on the same chart. When u click LY it produces that figure and then when you select TY it shows the pointer to the new figure.

I realise this may not be the best explaination so if you need me to try and explain it better please ask, and i will give it my best shot!

Many Thanks,

T

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
This was my first attempt at posting so i will try and re-phrase it better so hopefully someone can help me.

currently i am using a formula to generate a moving point on a graph. This graph is made up of a donut and a pie. the donut is the spedometer and currently it has to start with 0 or end with 0.

For example: 0,-1,-2,-3,-4,-5

What i need is for it to show for example: -2,-1,0,1,2

The formula i am using is =IF(B3=0,0,((180/-5)*B3)-1)

If i enter the number i want it to show in B3 for example -2 currently it points perfectly at -2 on the graph.

The end number of the graph in this instance is -5, this can be seen in the formula ((180/-5)

For example on other graphs i have created i have changed this number to 4 and it works perfectly too.

The only issue i have is when the 0 is not at the beginning of the number set showing on my axis.

I really hope someone can show me how to change the formula so i can have both positive and negative numbers appear on the same chart.

Many Thanks,

T

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back