start date field

jwgreen1986

Board Regular
anyone have any suggestions for this. so i am including calculations per quarter. so jan - mar apr-jun etc.
what i want to do is pro rata people based on their start dates. so if the person started then pro rata this so they dont get full payments.
i am waiting for someone to send me a working day schedule so i can pro rata it to the exact date, but if i can get a formula in for now its a start.

so basically if joe bloggs started in 12/02/2019 he would be pro rata'd to a percentage of working days he has been at the company. so for easiness we will just call the working days monday to friday. id need something to first work out that he joined after 01/01/2019 (first day of the quarter) and then work out how many days he has worked (based on a workday schedule i will get) and then give the percentage of the days he has worked.

it shouldnt be too difficult thinking about it. ill basically need something that works out how many working days there is in a quarter and then i can work out the percentage of how many days this person has work. im finding it hard to get a formula that will check to see when he actually started and then tell me how many working days he has been at the company.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back