Starting to hate Excel - Making -any- change to the VBA breaks this, for some reason

RockandGrohl

Have the following code in a module:

Code:
AdSelect.LDAlts = "---A---" & Chr(10) & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "F").Value & Chr(10) & Chr(10) & "---B---" & Chr(10) & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "G").Value & Chr(10) & Chr(10) & "---C---" & Chr(10) & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "H").Value

If I open the workbook and use it as normal, there's no problem.

I press a button on the workbook and it executes a long string of macros which then provides a Userform with a large amount of content on it.

If I change a completely separate macro, anywhere else within the same workbook, it breaks and when I press the button to open the userform, I get this:

"Method or Data Member not found"

It highlights the above code at the top.

I have no option to debug etc.

There have been no name changes to this sheet whatsoever, the code inside hasn't been changed in over 3 weeks and it gets regular daily use by individuals.

If I don't make any change to the code, it works fine. As soon as I input anything into the VBA, in any module, it breaks.

literally, if I go in and write " 'lol" anywhere in any module, it breaks.

Any ideas?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

RockandGrohl

I've just checked - it's only my PC that's doing this. This is weird + annoying.

It's also on other spreadsheets, if I open a userform, it's ok, and then if I add anything to the code, it fails to compile.

Last edited:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amar kumar

This Week's Hot Topics