Sum Frequencies within VBA

SailorJerry7030

Good Morning All!

I hope I have an easy one for you this morning. I've got about 96k rows of policy numbers and 12 columns starting in column B (Jan-Dec). If a policyholder called within that month it displays how many times they called. I'm not concerned with how many calls they made, only if there is a value > 0 within that cell. The goal here is to sum the clusters of consecutive months they called in. If they call in just in January but not in February, I don't care. If they call in January and February, but not March, that would be considered 1 cluster. If they called in January, February, March, not in April, not in May, called in June, not called in July, called in August, called in September, didn't call us the rest of the year, the sum of clusters would be 2 (Jan-Mar) and (Aug-Sept), don't care about the 1 off month of June where they called since it's not a cluster. I've been trying to incorporate code similar to "=SUM(--((FREQUENCY(IF(A2:H2>=50, COLUMN(A2:H2)),IF(A2:H2<50,COLUMN(A2:H2))))>=3))" granted this series of code is for a completely different project unrelated, but I feel like it could be applicable by changing the cells and values (50 and 3).

I hope this goal makes sense and someone can help. If you need anymore information, let me know. The simpler the better.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet_Nectarine_

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back