SUM if criteria met, lookup another table

trejjy

Hi all,

I've been struggling with a formula that I am trying to get to work and want to ask if anyone can assist. I have a workbook with named ranges and a named table.

The named ranges are called, DATE, NAME, and WORKED. The table is called RATECARD and has headers NAME, RATE, RESOURCE, RATE TYPE.

I want to sum the hours worked for a resource based on their role. In this case I am seeking to total the hours of an ENGINEER. The formula would look at the NAME ranged, look up the table called RATECARD for the matching name, and the corresponding RATECARD[RESOURCE] if they were an engineer then I would be returned the total amount of hours.

I havent been able to get EXACT match working when using the VLOOKUP parameter and think I need some help.

DateNameWorked
16-Mar-2018John3.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

Tablename: RATECARD​
NameRateRate TypeResource
John80HourlyEngineer

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks in advance.

Trej

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hi njimack,

I am importing a CSV file in to the sheet which has the location of the named ranges, the data set from the CSV file doesnt have a RESOURCE column so I am using the name to reference the RATECARD table for the additional information. I am able to make it work for the RATECARD[RATE] field, but only because the VLOOKUP equation is working on the TRUE switch, this needs the RATECARD table to be sorted for the RATECARD[NAME] field. When I use the same equation to lookup the RATECARD[RESOURCE] parameter it doesnt work because the RATECARD needs to be sorted using the RATECARD[RESOURCE] field.

Thanks for helping, but trying the make the workbook as simple as possible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back