SUMIF problem

timlh42

Board Regular
This seems like it should be a very easy thing but I've really struggled with it.

I simply want to sum the numbers in column O9:O117 if the cell in column O is not blank and the adjacent cell in column V contains the word Truck.

Can someone please help me with this?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi,

SUMIF:

Excel 2010
NOV
113Truck
159Truck
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
N1=SUMIF(V9:V117,"Truck",O9:O117)

Upvote 0
Thanks! I tried that formula and I didnt get the correct results. However, when I tried it using that formula using only consecutive cells that contained data it works. Thats why I think somehow I need to use that formula but add criteria to not count blank cells in column O

Upvote 0
SUMIF will not SUM True Blank Cells and will Not SUM cells that may contain "" as a result of a formula, I suspect you have numbers in Column O that are not actual numbers but TEXT, or you may have leading and/or trailing SPACE(s) in Column V with the word Truck, and also does Column V matching cells ONLY says Truck or it could be "This is my Truck".

As you can see, I have True Blanks and "" in Column O, and the result is correct.
How are the numbers in Column O entered, manually or by formula, how do the values get in Column V?

Excel 2010
NOV
10 Truck
113Truck
124Car
14Truck
169Truck
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
N1=SUMIF(V9:V118,"Truck",O9:O118)
O10=""

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The values in column O are actually times which are auto populated by a formula. It is the result of begin time minu end time and is formatted as 08:30. I think you might be correct because when I do a =sum (O9:O117) I dont get accurate results but if I do =sumif(O9:O117,">0") then I get the correct results. However, my problem is that I dont want to sum the whole column. Only the cells with the word Truck in adjacent column v

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back