SUMIF Using Dates as the Variable

James8761

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am trying to do a credit control forecast in excel. I want to know two things.

On every day for the next 3 months how much money is due each day. That bit I am fine with and have a SUMIFS formula in which works.

The second part is; I also want to know how much is still due on old amounts. i.e. how much we should have collected but haven’t. So I want to know how much in total (just one figure) is due for the 29th April 2018 and prior.

The forecast model I have built and data I am looking at are in different tabs.

The Due Dates are in Sheet1 Column C. The Date I am looking at (29th April 2018) is in Cell B3 of my “Cashflow” tab. The Overdue Amounts are in Column I of Sheet1.

I had this formula in, but it gives the incorrect total =SUMIF('Sheet1’!$C:$C,">"&'Cashflow'!B3,'Sheet1'!$I:$I)

There are also amounts in Sheet1 Column I that are Subtotals for each individual account. These have no date in Column C and I want to avoid “Summing” these. Is this where the above formula is going wrong??

Thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
That formula is going to sum the amounts in column I which have a date thats after the date in B3 in column C. Is it returning an amount? If so then more than likely you have dates that excel sees as text and not dates. You can test this with =ISNUMBER(date) down column C. You should also check B3.

Upvote 0
That formula is going to sum the amounts in column I which have a date thats after the date in B3 in column C. Is it returning an amount? If so then more than likely you have dates that excel sees as text and not dates. You can test this with =ISNUMBER(date) down column C. You should also check B3.

Hi, many thanks for the reply. Yes I do get an amount with my current formula.

When I try ISNUMBER in both Column C and B3 i get the answer TRUE?

Upvote 0

Oh i see your word "After" now.....I'm a wally. I've changed the arrow sign to < and it gives me the answer I want, Doh!! Thank you for making me think!

Upvote 0
Every single answer is true in column C? Is the number higher than expected or lower?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back