SUMPRODUCT issues

jdEXCEL777

Hello Everyone. I need help with the following SUMPRODUCT formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(($C$4:$C$13*$E$4:$E$13)*($B$4:$B$13="AA")*($A$4:$A$13="Landings"))

What it's basically doing is that it's summing the product of content of array in column C with content of array in column E, provided that the content of array in column B is "AA" and content of array in column A is "Landings."

The problem is that I am having a #Value error. I think the reason why is because some of the cells in the array C4:C13 contain text. And because I am using the asterix " * " at the beginning of the formula ($C$4:$C$13*$E$4:$E$13) to multiply, it is giving me an error. I know that because when I delete the text from the C4:C13 array, it works perfectly, just the way I want it. However, I need to leave the text in that array. Is there anything I can do to have the formula skip or ignore the cells containing text in the C4:C13 range and give me the result I am looking for? If I can figure this out, it would save me lots of time.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you in advance.

AhoyNC, that was beyond helpful. Thank you again! You do not know how much you've saved me time and spared me lots of hours of frustration. Thanks a million. God bless you! It is nice to have this platform where knowledgeable people like yourself and many others can help those of us who need help with various applications. THANK YOU!!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parik11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back