SUMPRODUCT of Index/Match overwriting exisitng data across sheets

Soritz

Hi Guys

so i have what i thought was simple problem to solve but it seems limited in excel and trying to not go down the VB route (cause i suck)

Code:
=IFERROR(SUMPRODUCT(INDEX(INDIRECT($AP$5&"!$A$3:$AN$4"),MATCH(Consolidation!$B3,INDIRECT($AP$5&"!$B$3:$B$10"),0),MATCH(Consolidation!C$2,INDIRECT($AP$5&"!$A$2:$AN$2"),0)))+INDEX(INDIRECT($AP$6&"!$A$3:$AN$4"),MATCH(Consolidation!$B3,INDIRECT($AP$6&"!$B$3:$B$10"),0),MATCH(Consolidation!C$2,INDIRECT($AP$6&"!$A$2:$AN$2"),0)),"")

so above is my formula so far, what i am trying to acheive is doing and index and a search to match a players name and put the results from what they have in the right row and column. which works.

the problem arrises when i am trying to integrate the SUMPRODUCT across multiple sheets (example two, eventually wants to be 24 (long formula i know), the data either adds together if it finds the user in both the sheets but if it only finds it in one sheet it clears the cell to say it has no data which isn't true.

i've tried for ages to get this working (two days) just seems trivial and would be quite simple to run through an array in something like Java to increment through the 24 sheets and add the values together as it goes along (if there is a value to add)

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back