Suppress Error 1004?

EssKayKay

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
First, I must state I am by no means a programmer, so bear with me if you please.

I’m not sure this is possible but is there a way suppress an error message? I know why this is happening but I can’t find where or how to revise my code. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
1705435020154.png

Thanks,
Steve K.

This was a question, not a comment
Rich (BB code):
This in Google sheets, not Excel ??
Rich (BB code):
apparently it converts my code to something else.
.....not true !!
You simply can't post the worksheet to the forum.....we don't allow that to happen mainly for security reasons.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
@Micron (and @EssKayKay )
Please note that swapping/sharing information privately that way is not permitted by the forum - see #4 of the Forum Rul

@Micron (and @EssKayKay )
Please note that swapping/sharing information privately that way is not permitted by the forum - see #4 of the Forum Rules

I am so very sorry Peter. I most certainly can assure you it was not my intent (nor do I suspect Micron’s intent) to circumvent any rules here. I simply was trying to see if there was some other way to resolve my problem. Apparently I will just live with it.

I will let my users know of the issue and explain to them I am not qualified to solve/eliminate the error. That will not be the end of the world but just thought it would be best if no errors occurred. Oh well, now I know.

Again, please excuse me (and I assume Micron) for our lack of compliance. As I noted, that was not by any means my intent. If I would have been able to post a copy of the worksheet this order would never have been broached. I do understand why you do not allow uploading files, just saying, it would have worked much better in my situation.

Again, please forgive me – I’m so very very sorry. I do not want to be thought of or considered one of those “fringe” members.
For now, I will just leave this issue alone on this forum. I’m sure I will be back with other questions on other worksheets in the future if you please.

Thank you,
Steve

Upvote 0
Steve
You didn't answer my query...is it google sheets or an Excel workbook.
Did you upload the entire file to Dropbox, or just the worksheet....the entire file would be the most appropriate. 🤔

Upvote 0
If you want, you should be able to share your file by DropBox without the need for anybody to have an account. Do some more research about sharing a public link.

BTW, I had a quick look at the file and you are right about some "issues" with the coding. I will not be getting into it in detail but a significant 'issue' with your code (& likely leading to your error in the end) is that you have

Worksheet_Change code in the worksheet and that code can make changes to the worksheet which triggers the Worksheet_Change code that can make changes to the worksheet which triggers the Worksheet_Change code that can make changes to the worksheet which ...

You also have
Worksheet_SelectionChange code in the worksheet and that code can change the selection in the worksheet which triggers the Worksheet_SelectionChange code that can change the selection in the worksheet which triggers the Worksheet_SelectionChange code that can change the selection in the worksheet which ...

I suggest that you look into Application.EnablEvents = False and Application.EnablEvents = True and look for appropriate places to put those lines of code.

Upvote 0
Steve
You didn't answer my query...is it google sheets or an Excel workbook.
Did you upload the entire file to Dropbox, or just the worksheet....the entire file would be the most appropriate. 🤔
Sorry Michael. it's an Excel worksheet. It is the entire file, albeit a slightly slimmed down version.

Upvote 0
If you want, you should be able to share your file by DropBox without the need for anybody to have an account. Do some more research about sharing a public link.

BTW, I had a quick look at the file and you are right about some "issues" with the coding. I will not be getting into it in detail but a significant 'issue' with your code (& likely leading to your error in the end) is that you have

Worksheet_Change code in the worksheet and that code can make changes to the worksheet which triggers the Worksheet_Change code that can make changes to the worksheet which triggers the Worksheet_Change code that can make changes to the worksheet which ...

You also have
Worksheet_SelectionChange code in the worksheet and that code can change the selection in the worksheet which triggers the Worksheet_SelectionChange code that can change the selection in the worksheet which triggers the Worksheet_SelectionChange code that can change the selection in the worksheet which ...

I suggest that you look into Application.EnablEvents = False and Application.EnablEvents = True and look for appropriate places to put those lines of code.

I had to chuckle Peter when I read your post. Yes, I suspected you’d be shocked with my “sloppy” coding. I wish I knew better but. . .

You note “to put those lines of code” in Application.EnableEvents = True/False. What do you mean by “those lines of code” –> Sub MyProceedure() in post #7?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
You note “to put those lines of code” in Application.EnableEvents = True/False. What do you mean by “those lines of code” –> Sub MyProceedure() in post #7?
:unsure: Not sure why you are referring to @Joe4's post #7 but you need to do some research about Application.EnableEvents that I mentioned. Google will give you many references but here are a couple to start with.

how to use Application.EnableEvents = False?
Using Application.EnableEvents in VBA in Excel (Examples)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetkt327

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back