Table Help with Formulas

rangequestion

Board Regular
Hi,

I have an example of a table below that is retrieved from a web based platform in a .csv format. The problem I'm having is that the "Transaction Date" field can show 2 different formats (examples below) and neither of which are in a date format. They come to me as a European format, not US. Excel reads one as custom and the other as General. T

he second issue I'm having is that the Transaction amounts that I get aren't in any sort of number format, again they come custom. I'm trying to extract the absolute value in "Transaction Amount Country Currency".

Is there some sort of formula or macro that would create an additional 2 reference columns for Transaction Date in MM/DD/YYY format and Transaction Amount Country Currency and get the absolute value of that cell?

thanks!

Transaction IDTransaction DateAccount IDDebit/CreditTransaction Amount Base CurrencyTransaction Amount Country CurrencyTransaction TypeTransaction ChannelOriginating CustomerOriginating BankBeneficiary CustomerBeneficiary BankMentionProcessing Date
XXXXX26/07/2016 00:00:00XXXXXDebit-€ 4,999.95-USD 5,000.00XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Long String", see below27/07/2016
XXXXX12/7/2016 12:00:00 AMXXXXXDebit-€ 13,000-USD 15,000XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Long String", see below13/07/2016

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rache47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back