Table style color half green

acura123

Board Regular
I made a table and I have the bottom half of the table half green and don't know how to convert it back to the standard alternating colors of green and white. I had a drop down list in one of the columns that I copied and pasted down the column and think that may have messed it up. Any thought how to fix this?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
With a copy of the workbook, try selecting the relevant section and format the cells with No Fill

1650967059501.png

Upvote 0
.. but how do I get my table alternating colors back?
For me the table banding colours automatically returned.
Are you sure that what you are looking at is still part of a formal Excel table?
Go to the Formulas ribbon tab -> Name Manager and check the table name and what sheet/range it refers to

1651016222906.png

If that still seems all okay then back in your worksheet select anything in the table then on the Table Design ribbon tab, choose the design you want from the Table Styles section

Upvote 0
Table range includes entire table, I changed the style which changes the style for the first half of the table with a solid color for the bottom half. I think the problem is in the fact that the drop down list was a table itself and when I copied and pasted the list box dow ln the page it must have taken on the properties of the list box table. So it's a nested table within a table.

Upvote 0
I got it! I changed the fill to no fill and then when I looked into table tools, the banded rows was unchecked. When I checked it, it came back!!!

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Glad you got it resolved. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back