TdExcelAddIn.xla

zombiemaster

Board Regular
Hi, all...

I probably won't understand the answers if anyone has any, but let's give it a shot anyway...lol

My workplace is upgrading from Office 2007 to Office 2016 (Office365). We are having a problem with some excel documents and have traced the problem back to an Add In that was in 2007 but is not in 2016: TDExcelAddIn.xla.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Our IT department is saying that it's some kind of Add In that connects to "Test Director" for "Quality Center reporting"... ??? That makes NO sense to me because none of us that use this spreadsheet use Test Director, but I may be wrong!

Any insights are appreciated - is this an add-in that can be downloaded somewhere and installed manually? Is there a patch available from Microsoft once we go "live" with the new Office Suite that may include this Add In? Can we contact the alien mothership and ask them to beam it down to us if we ask really, really nicely???

I won't be able to check back until Monday but if you have anything to share, I would appreciate hearing from you all!

Thanks as always,
~ZM~

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Add-ins are separate files (this one I believe from HP), and you have to install it in the new version of Excel if you have workbooks that require it.

If the add-in on your computer? Do you know how to install it?

Upvote 0
We are using Test PC's that we are accessing remotely for Office365 testing - those test PC's have everything installed on them that we will have later this year when we go "live" with the new Office Suite. Unfortunately, the test PC's don't have this Add-In installed by default...our IT folks have just come back to me to say that there may be a patch available for this missing Add-In, but it may need to be pushed out separately to our global workforce (all 10,000+ employees) after implementation later this year...

~ZM~

Upvote 0
I read through that post but it's referring to Office 2010 and we're skipping 2010 completely and upgrading from 2007 to Office 2016 through the Office365 platform...does that make a difference?

~ZM~

Upvote 0
Thanks for the additional info - I will pass it along to our IT department to go along with what they've already discovered.

I appreciate everyone's help on this - thanks!

~ZM~
:cool:

Upvote 0
Ok, so our IT team thought one thing, now they're thinking another. Here's a note I just got from them: "Confirmed the HP ALM add-ins were installed. Testing the macro and the main worksheet is still coming up with the whited-out text". Can't even click in the white space to display the secondary menu. I don't think the Add-ins control this piece of the code that is causing our problem. There is a piece of the code that I believe may have something to do with it: Sheet1.lblAction.BackStyle = fmBackStyleTransparent I went into Google and searched on ‘Excel VBA transparent label controls are opaque’ and a bunch of articles come up talking about an issue with the latest update with Office 2016. Seems like it impacted the ‘transparency’ code. No resolution was listed…not sure what to do at this point..."

Does anyone have any experience with Office2016 having a problem with the Transparency code?

Thanks again for any additional thoughts,
~ZM~

Upvote 0
Ok, so our IT team thought one thing, now they're thinking another. Here's a note I just got from them: "Confirmed the HP ALM add-ins were installed. Testing the macro and the main worksheet is still coming up with the whited-out text". Can't even click in the white space to display the secondary menu. I don't think the Add-ins control this piece of the code that is causing our problem. There is a piece of the code that I believe may have something to do with it: Sheet1.lblAction.BackStyle = fmBackStyleTransparent I went into Google and searched on ‘Excel VBA transparent label controls are opaque’ and a bunch of articles come up talking about an issue with the latest update with Office 2016. Seems like it impacted the ‘transparency’ code. No resolution was listed…not sure what to do at this point..."

Does anyone have any experience with Office2016 having a problem with the Transparency code?

Thanks again for any additional thoughts,
~ZM~

I did a little extra research and found a MS forum post that seems to relate to this problem. One of the MS tech reps responded to the post with this: "On 11/2/16, we released a patch that fixed the recent issues with VBA form controls, including the issues with form control transparency and hangs when opening/using macro-enabled files with form controls. If you're running Office 2016, you can get the fix by clicking File > Account > Update Options > Update Now to install Version 1609 (Build 7369.2054). The plan is to release a new version of Version 1610 (Build 7466.xxxx) to our Insider Slow/First Release for Current Channel customers this week, and after that, everyone **should** be fixed".

I have given that info to our IT team and this is what they came back with: "The version we are on is 16.0.7369.2038 which is one iteration lower than the Fix. However the iteration right now in Pilot group is 16.0.7571.2075 which should contain any fixes in between iterations. I have asked the tester to do a bit tweaking to the Excel . Once I get her confirmation and if it still fails I will force the test machine to use the latest iteration of Office and have her retest".

Thanks for all your help on this but I think we're finally on the right track and working towards a resolution!

~ZM~
:cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back