Textjoin Calc error help

Dani_LobP

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I seem to be having error when using Textjoin.
The worst part is that it was working fine, but file didn't saved and when I tried to replicate the formula, I keep getting now error Calc and cant see where is the issue.

I have few tables, consisting of 2 columns each. 1 column has list of names, and 2nd column has same value for all. Each table might have same names appearing, or different ones.

Then I have a list with all names appearing in all tables (unique list), and a 2nd column being the name of the 2nd column of the table value (in order to make a summary in which tables the name appears).

So i use
VBA Code:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",TRUE,UNIQUE(FILTER(Table2[x],Table2[Name]=Table1[Name])),UNIQUE(FILTER(Table3[x],Table3[Name]=Table1[Name])))
it should be up to Table7, but basically want to show that a name NOT in Table2 but YES in Table3, is when gives CALC error. Whereas if name is in Table2, will place the result.

table2 nameTable 2 xTable3 nameTable3 x
Name1exampleName1example2
Name3exampleName2example2
Name4exampleName3example2

Technically i should end up having

Name1example, example2
Name2example2 -> but instead, i get #CALC!
Name3example, example2

When i initially created the formula, it would check table2, if not, would keep checking the rest and then simply put textjoin of all tables where name appears.

I am not sure if i am placing some brackets wrong or using something wrong that I didn't do first time I tried. As I mentioned, it was working great. Not sure what changed from my previous.

Hope it makes sense with example and the way i tried to explain it.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Are you putting that formula in Table1?

Upvote 0
Are you putting that formula in Table1?
Hi Fluff,

Yes, in table1, and looks like this:

VBA Code:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",TRUE,UNIQUE(FILTER(Table2[x],Table2[Name]=[@Name])),UNIQUE(FILTER(Table3[x],Table3[Name]=[@Name])))

Upvote 0
That's a different formula from what you originally posted, does it work?

Upvote 0
That's a different formula from what you originally posted, does it work?
No, gives CALC error, different how? just the [name] , that in the example wanted to express it was name from table 1, or what else is different? cant really see...

Upvote 0
In your op you were trying to match the name to the entire name column of table 1, not just a single cell.

If you are getting #calc errors then there are not matches in at least one of the other tables.
Try it like
Excel Formula:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",TRUE,UNIQUE(FILTER(Table2[x],Table2[Name]=[@Name],"")),UNIQUE(FILTER(Table3[x],Table3[Name]=[@Name],"")))

Upvote 1
Solution
In your op you were trying to match the name to the entire name column of table 1, not just a single cell.

If you are getting #calc errors then there are not matches in at least one of the other tables.
Try it like
Excel Formula:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",TRUE,UNIQUE(FILTER(Table2[x],Table2[Name]=[@Name],"")),UNIQUE(FILTER(Table3[x],Table3[Name]=[@Name],"")))
Oh right! that was it... the leave empty part... **** I couldn't see it.
Thanks once again Fluff! you the best! :)

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back